- Mansfield District Council
- Salary details
- £16935 - £19678
- Job term
- Fixed Term
- Closing Date
- 10 July 2022
Mansfield Townscape Heritage Project Officer
Salary: £16,935 - £19,678 per annum, 22.2 hours per week
The Mansfield Townscape Heritage project is seeking to recruit a Project Officer to ensure the delivery of its ambitious plans over the remaining 2 years of this National Lottery Heritage Fund (NLHF) sponsored programme. Following a challenging period during the pandemic, this is now an exciting time as the project looks to ensure that key works on some of Mansfield’s most architecturally important buildings are realised.
This next stage builds upon a strong programme of community participation and engagement and the Mansfield Townscape Heritage programme forms a key part of the Council’s wider ambitions for the town, set within the context of its Town Centre Masterplan, confirmed Town Deal resources, and with a bid for Levelling Up under preparation.
Given the focus on delivery, we are keen to appoint a Project Officer with excellent knowledge and experience of:
- NLHF sponsored programmes and their grant processes
- Working with owners of architecturally sensitive buildings and of bringing forward costed and credible proposals in line with NLHF requirements
- Working in partnership with a range of partners interested in the future of Mansfield town centre
- Current building conservation practice and techniques and of liaising with Architects, Planning and Conservation professionals
Ideally, you will be qualified to a degree level in historic building conservation or a related discipline but we will consider applicants with significant experience and a good track record in delivering building conservation projects.
This is currently a fixed term appointment to the end of March 2024, though an extension may be possible beyond this date. We are seeking applications on the basis of a minimum of 3 days per week, with additional days being subject to negotiation and programme delivery.
Find out more at https://www.mansfieldtownscape.org.uk/ and for an informal discussion, please contact Geoff George, Regeneration Programmes and Projects Manager on (01623) 463283.
Interview date wil be confirmed.